Get a Windows 7 Installation disk. DVD/USB will both work.
- Boot into Windows installation media and wait for the installer to load.
- Change Language, Keyboard or input method as needed and click Next.
- Click on Repair your computer on the bottom left.
- Wait for your Windows installation to be found. Note your Windows location (drive letter) and click Next.
- Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows. Next.
- Select Command Prompt and enter these 2 commands:
- copy D:WindowsSystem32utilman.exe D:
- copy D:WindowsSystem32cmd.exe D:windowssystem32utilman.exe
- Allow utilman.exe to be overwritten. A backup of utilman.exe is copied to C: and cmd.exe is renamed and copied to utilman.exe
- When Windows is at the login screen, click on the Ease of Access button on the bottom left. The command prompt will open instead.
- Change the password with the following command:
- net user YourUser p@s$w0rD
- Log in with your new password.
- Revert the changes by booting into the installation media and get back to the command prompt.
- Enter the following and allow it to overwrite:
- copy D:Utilman.exe D:WindowsSystem32utilman.exe
- Restart machine and click on Ease of Access. Make sure cmd.exe doesn’t show up.
Details with screenshots: